One of the favorite natural beauty products of the beauty queen Cleopatra was the Extra Virgin Olive Oil (hereinafter referred to as Olive Oil). Over the last decade, many beauticians are advocating the use of olive oil due to its many beauty benefits, but the fact is that this natural ingredient has been used on the body since centuries. It was commonly used in Egypt as a cosmetic, is still going strong and is being used in cosmetic industry even now.
Olive oil is packed with vitamins, minerals and natural fatty acids. Even, it can be used on sensitive skin. Olive oil is a potent natural ingredient in anti-aging skin care beauty products. Due to its high level antioxidant contents, it prevents skin aging and occurrence of wrinkles and fine lines on the skin. In nutshell it can guard, nourish and rejuvenate your skin.
Olive oil contains vitamins E and A that helps in elongating your youth, hydrating skin and sustaining skin’s elasticity and softness. Moreover, it helps to regenerate skin cells. The list of beauty benefits of olive oil on skin, hair, face, nails and body is very long that makes it a superb natural beauty product for hair, skin, nails and face.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Skin Benefits – How To Use Olive Oil For Skin?
Is Olive Oil Good For Skin? The answer is a big yes!! Olive oil’s chemical structure is more close to the skin’s natural oil as compared to that of any other natural oil, making olive oil good for skin.
1. Olive Oil Bath: Do you know beauty secret of Sophia Loren, the Italian gorgeous actress – she loved taking olive oil bath.
(i) The simplest way to prepare olive oil bath is just to add 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into your bathtub and it’s done! If you like, you may add more. This is a simple beauty trick to make your skin soft and smooth.
(ii) Another simple way to have olive oil on skin is that you just massage your body with extra virgin oil before taking bath. After you are through with your bath, pat dry your skin and wipe away the excess oil. Wow!! You will feel your skin as incredibly soft and smooth, just like a baby-skin.
2. Olive Oil Body Lotion: Try olive oil as a body lotion. It’s all natural and wonderfully very effective. Apply it all over your body, while in the shower, right after you use the shower gel. You will feel your skin amazingly soft and smooth. This is another simple way to make your skin look perfect, healthy and tender to touch.
3. Olive Oil – A Natural Makeup Remover: It serves dual purpose. While gently removing makeup, it nourishes your skin as well. Just put a dab of olive oil on a cotton ball or pad, and gently wipe out all the makeup from your face. If you want to remove heavy makeup, first massage gently olive oil all over your face, and then wipe away all the makeup with a soft washcloth soaked with warm water. If needed, repeat it a couple of times and make it sure to do it gently – never rub your skin harshly. Rinse your face with warm water followed by a splash with cold water. Cold water will not only close your skin pores, but stimulate the blood circulation as well.
(i) Another way to make a makeup remover or cleanser is by mixing together olive oil and castor oil. If you have dry skin, mix more of olive oil and in case you have oily skin then mix more of castor oil and less of olive oil.
(ii) If you are concerned about the oiliness the olive oil leaves behind, that hitch can simply be resolved by washing your face with a face wash of your choice after you have removed makeup with olive oil.
4. Olive Oil For Sensitive Skin: It is a very good option for those even having sensitive skin. If you are concerned about the oiliness it leaves behind, that hitch can simply be resolved by washing your face with a face wash of your choice after you have removed makeup with olive oil. This will also make sure that there are no traces of makeup left behind on your face.
Tip: You can use olive oil as a gentle eye makeup remover too. It is so effective that even you can remove waterproof makeup with its help.
5. Olive Oil Rejuvenates Skin: The prime reason behind beauty benefits of olive oil is that it is packed with healthy fats and phenolic antioxidant vitamin E accompanied by squalene and oleic acids. They work to get rid of free radicals and repair the damage done because of any skin’s exposure to the sun.
6. Olive Oil As Stretch Marks Home Remedy: Olive oil helps in regeneration of skin and increasing elasticity of the skin as well. Massage olive oil over the affected areas at least three times a week to improve the elasticity of the skin and its regenerative abilities, which will help heal the affected skin. This will not only prevent formation of new stretch marks, but will also work to reduce and lighten the existing ones slightly.
7. Olive Oil To Prevent Premature Ageing: Olive oil contains hydroxytyrosol and vitamin E that act on the skin to prevent skin cells degeneration, thus olive oil helps in preventing premature ageing. Further, olive oil also has squalene acid that works to increase the elasticity of the skin, thus preventing sagging of the skin and making it firm, young and healthy.
8. Olive Oil As Sunscreen: Mix equal amounts of olive oil and tea decoction (tea boiled in water and strained). Apply this mixture all over your body and face. Let it sit there for about an hour, and then rinse it off (don’t wash), so as to leave a residue on your skin. This will work as a natural sunscreen.
Natural Beauty Benefits Of Olive Oil For Skin
(i) It works as an effective natural moisturizer, even on the dry skin.
(ii) You can use olive oil to moisturize even the super dry skin prone areas, such as elbows and knees.
(iii) Olive oil can regenerate skin tissues and therefore you can use it regularly to keep your skin young, firm and free from wrinkles and fine lines.
(iv) You can make a homemade moisturizer by mixing well together equal parts of oil and water in a jar. Massage your skin with this solution and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
(v) Try this olive oil moisturizing mask. Blend together 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and yolk of one egg. Apply on a clean face, leaving it there for 15-20 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. This will not only moisturize your skin, but will maintain your natural skin tone too.
(vi) Try this olive oil mask to rejuvenate your skin. Make a paste of olive oil and mashed ripe avocados. Apply this mask on to your face for 20-25 minutes, and then rinse it off.
(vii) If you have super dry skin, apply olive oil as a night cream. Apply a small amount of olive oil on your face and let it sit there for overnight. Wake up in the morning with soft and smooth skin.
(viii) Effective blood circulation is necessary for having natural glow on your skin. Massage olive oil on your body to augment the blood circulation to keep your skin moisturized and young.
Benefits Of Olive Oil For Hair – How To Use Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Hair?
Is olive oil good for hair, Yes, just as olive oil acts as an effective moisturizing agent on your skin, it has similar benefits on the hair too. Olive oil works wonders for dry damaged hair that can otherwise cause other hair problems, such as split ends and frizzy hair. To nurture those dry manes give your hair a hot olive oil hair massage. Make it sure that olive oil is not heated too much and too long, as it will lose its benefits.
1. Olive Oil Hair Treatment – Eggs And Olive Oil For Hair: This olive oil hair mask / treatment is fast and easy to prepare and takes only 15 minutes to apply and through with it. Blend 1 egg yolk with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a teaspoon of lemon juice. Massage your hair and keep it there for about 15 minutes. Shampoo and condition your hair as usual. Your hair will look and feel shinier and soft.
2. All Alone Olive Oil Hair Treatment: This olive oil hair mask / treatment is the most easy to follow. Simply massage slightly warmed up olive oil on your hair. Allow it to sit on your tresses for about an hour, then shampoo and condition as you normally do. If after shampoo your hair still feels oily, you may need to do shampoo twice to get rid of greasiness. Your hair will look and feel healthier and shiny after this olive oil hair treatment.
3. Those who have dry, frizzy or split ends can massage their tresses with lightly warmed olive oil. As said earlier, don’t heat the olive oil too much, as it loses its properties even at low temperature.
How To Strengthen Nails With Olive Oil
Want to grow longer, stronger and shiny nails? Use following extra virgin olive oil recipes for your nails:
1. Extra virgin olive oil massage is ideal for dry nails and cuticles. Forego the expensive hand and cuticle creams, instead massage a couple of olive oil drops onto the cuticles and around the nails. Its regular use will make your cuticles stay moist and nails shiny.
2. Alternatively, give a warm olive oil bath to your nails. It’s a great way to strengthen them. It will take just 5-10 minutes. Simply soak your nails in a slightly warm olive oil. Remember not to heat it too much, as it loses its properties at high temperature. Apply this olive oil nails treatment once or twice a week to strengthen your nails. With this treatment they will also look healthy and shiny.
How To Use Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Face Masks – Is Olive Oil Good For Your Face?
Yes olive oil is good for your face.
1. Olive Oil And Egg Yolk Face Mask: This is an effective homemade olive oil face mask. Mix well 1 egg yolk with a tablespoon of olive oil. In case you want this mask to brighten and whiten your skin, add a tea spoon of lemon juice. Lemon juice is a rich source of antioxidants and vitamin C that help to lighten skin. Apply this olive oil face mask onto your clean face. Let it sit there for 5-10 minutes, rinse with lukewarm water, and then with cold water (cold water helps close your skin pores). It will also soften your skin and nourish it as well, adding a youthful glow. This natural olive oil face mask can be used for normal as well as dry skin types.
2. Olive Facial Mask For Normal Skin: Mix thoroughly 1 tablespoon of white cosmetic clay with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Apply this mixture onto your face for 10 minutes, and then rinse it off gently with lukewarm water to cleanse and freshen your face.
Olive Oil Eye Cream
To reduce wrinkles and fine lines around your eyes, gently dab a little bit of extra virgin olive oil under your eyes before you sleep at night and let it sit there overnight. It will nourish the tender skin around your eyes and soften the fine lines. Keep some olive oil in your fridge and use it as a refreshing, vitamin chockfull beauty treatment eye cream.